Birthday Supper Club Celebrates Again!!! Who???

Yes, it was another wonderful evening celebrating with the Birthday Supper Club...
It was HERBERT's birthday...and we had an interesting twist to the evening....!!!

Herbert's choice of restaurant was The Chop House...(and from a former blog you know this was
my choice as well)....but, this evening we had some extra guest coming...Jill had arranged for Herbert's parent's, H.T. & Wilda to drive from KY to surprise Herbert....So the plan was for everyone to arrive first, with Herbert & Jill and Joe & I running late, to be the last ones to arrive...You know that is the way you do things when you are planning a surprise...WELL...we REALLY were running late..!!!

Jill was ready to loose it when I called and explained I had just jumped out of the shower........
So I pulled it together...well kind of...I couldn't get my "cha-cha- top" zipped and neither could my husband..we jumped into our SUV not having my makeup on or my top zipped...threw on my makeup on like a mad-woman...and I knew someone could assist me with dressing.....

Joe is driving like a maniac....(Yes, Pastor Scott, no cause for road rage here...he was in no one's way) so we are Zoom, Zoom, Zoom...Joe is making ME very carsick while I am trying to put on my face....

THEN Jill calls to tell me they haven't left the house and to take our time....
WHHHHHHHHHY? I ASKED...?????

She is beside herself because she couldn't get Herbert to get dressed...He got home in plenty of time and then TOOK his time....not in a hurry at all...

We finally meet up...We jump in their SUV, I have my make-up on...and Jill helps me get my top zipped...then off we go to the Boro...

When we arrive Joe and I walk in in front of Herbert and Jill and get seated and Herbert and Jill make their entrance...

The look on Herbert's face still makes me teary-eyed. It was worth everything we went through to be there....

It doesn't matter how old we are...NOTHING makes your birthday special like your parent's making IT a big deal ....and friends, well we are just the icing on the cake!!!

Popular Posts