Our Favorite Thanksgiving

Today was a sunny, warm November Day in Tennessee.  I couldn't resist jumping on the mower to mulch more leaves.

There is just something about the time you spend on a mower.  It's a time to think and reflect.

Naturally, my thoughts went to Thanksgiving, which s only a couple of weeks away.

I began recalling the first Thanksgiving that Joe and I hosted his family in 2001 at Martin Farm.  It seems so long ago.

I remember being very excited and very nervous at the same time.  I was hoping this Thanksgiving Day at the farm would be a special time for each guest.

Did I mention I was clueless?  I had never hosted Thanksgiving before!

The first place I went to check out was Google of course.  I typed in the search bar  "How to host Thanksgiving?".

Google did not fail me.  In the search was a book titled, "Thanksgiving 101"!  Ding Ding Ding!  Sounded like just what I needed.

I quickly ordered the book and awaited for it to arrive.

This book was perfect.  The author, Rick Rodgers, gave a complete daily outline with a step-by-step guide.

I followed it to a tee and the day was as perfect as perfect could possibly be for a first time Host/Hostess.

It will always be remembered as our "favorite" family Thanksgiving.

--

Credit
Thanksgiving 101
by Rick Rodgers



Popular Posts